11 Nov 2016
Yeh Hai Lollipop Movie Review
Star Cast:· Om Puri, Rajpal Yadav, Manoj Joshi, Himani Shivpuri, Shilpa Anand and Chirag Thakkar
Director: Manoj Sharma
Producer: Harshal Bhadane
Cinematography: Milind Jog
Rating: 1.5/5 – Avoid!
Like: The basic premise is highly interesting. There are a few good unpredictable twists too.
Dislike: Despite having a highly capable cast none of them are impressive. The film moves at an excruciatingly slow pace. The humour doesn’t work either.
Story: A jobless writer currently working in a mall gets an opportunity to write the film of his life. But he gets caught in a quandary as the producer wants to deliver him a flop.
- Screenplay/Dialogues: The basic plot promises a fun film for sure. But the film focuses on the characters involved in the plot than the plot itself and is, rather disappointingly, not about whether the lead character Masoom can deliver a script in time. The humour doesn’t work most of the time.
- Direction: With such a weak screenplay there is little a director can do. But one thing that he could have done is extract performance from a set of very capable actors. But he fails at that as well.
- Cinematography: The camerawork is rudimentary, to put it mildly.
- Editing: With the excruciatingly slow pace, you are left wondering what the editor was thinking. The film could have been much crisp if the director had done even an average job.
- Music and Lyrics: Music doesn’t play any role in the film.
- Star Performances: One look at the cast and you would expect the film to be full of solid performances. Om Puri, Himani Shivpuri, Manoj Joshi and Rajpal Yadav are all highly capable actors. But somehow none of them make an impact. None of them feel involved in the film. All of them just want to get over with it.
Final Verdict: Yeh Hai Lollipop is a big disappointment. With such an interesting premise and reputed actors, the film could have been a much better one.